Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Table Talk part 5



Molly and I had made very tentative plans to meet on Monday.  We both knew we'd be in Manasquan around the middle of the day, so I had put my various table leg samples in my car, figuring it would be with me.  That day a few phone calls back and forth and we had firm plan to meet where I had been mowing the lawn.  I showed her what I had come up with and she liked the angled one with the deck hardware best.  And she definitely liked the mitered corner better than the butt joint corner.



Today I was briefly back on the project.  One thing she had brought up yesterday was whether I could move the angled leg just a little closer to the corner.  I had already considered this question myself, and thought I could shorten the angled corner block by maybe a half inch.  So in the afternoon I stopped off and bought two slightly shorter lag screws (again needing to teach a cashier the difference between screws and bolts), and when I got to the Studio, cut a slightly smaller angle mount block and attached the hardware mounted leg to the mitered corner, so she could see how this would look.  Left it there on the table in the middle of the room.

Nothing more that I can do until Molly gives me the list of exactly what the dimensions will be of each table she wants.  Once I get that, I can put together a list of the specific boards, bits of hardware, etc that she'll need to purchase. The plan calls for us to have a new space in our building for this project, and that should be available in August.  And sometime after that is when the building can begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home