Monday, June 09, 2014

Bd James Strepar part 10



I went up to the Studio this afternoon armed with my various maps, prepared to color the first proof of the new print.  The one thing that I am still lacking is a fine line brush- I buy them pretty regularly but they always disappear.  Maybe I'll try to pick up another one this week.  Meanwhile, I have plenty of medium and large brushes (they never disappear), so I made do.  Did the map first, then the objects.  This first attempt isn't bad- pretty much what I expected.  What bothers me most is the canteen.  I think it may need to be darker, to give it more physical presence and make it stand out from the flat map more.  I"ll give it some thought, and then maybe try to work on this copy, and then move on to my better proof.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home