Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Supermarket Rubble part 16




I had taken a break from working on the new block for several days as I dealt with the recent Belmar show, preparations for the coming semester, a federal holiday.  But there was nothing else I had to get done today, and it was as nice a day as one can expect in January, so I decided to go up to the Studio and get back to work.

I was still unsatisfied with the figure I added to the upper left corner, so I erased her and replaced her with a new one, a combination of a woman from a Degas monotype and one from an ad in a local entertainment paper.  I like the new figure, but it's way too large for where it fits in the image.  Another time I'll work on shrinking it down.


I moved on to some cutting.  I decided to tackle the last large car, the one in the upper right corner.  Unlike the first three, this one wouldn't be carved to white, but to an optical gray, which would separate from the car next to it.  As I was doing that, I started cutting out the pedestrian in front of it.  I had to take care of some other things today, so I ended the session there.  Below is the state of the whole block as of now.


During the hours I was there, Brendan stopped by with more information about the upcoming arts festival the building is hosting.  Artists in the building are teaching him the procedures needed to host an art show as we go.  So nothing to be reported right now.  Information  from us is due there by the beginning of February.  Once I know what I'll be showing, I'll let you know here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home