Monday, December 10, 2018

More Work Stuff



Another week, more student works to deal with.  Three more students brought me collagraph plates to be printed this past week.  And since the class schedule was rearranged for the coming week, I couldn't wait too long to deal with them  So I left by late morning to go up to Ocean Grove and do some grading.  Did the whole pile of comic strips from my Intro classes, now that I know what they are supposed to be, which I didn't (in most cases) before last week's critiques.  Then I printed three more student collagraphs, so I can return them this week.  The students need to add more to them, so I had to get them done now.  If more come in this week, I can print them, but they can't finish them.  And if I don't get them this week, I can't print them before the semester ends, but that is their problem at this point.



Then I did one thing just for me.  Last night I got an e-mail from one of my old college buddies that mentioned something about Christmas cards.  Since this is one of the few people who still actually send me a card each year, he would be likely to get one.  And since I usually have classes until a few days before Christmas Day, the cards don't often come out before January, though I always like to have one done in time to post that day here on the blog.  I've already picked out an idea, but you'll have to wait until the 25th to see it.  First step is to start a block, so today I took a trip out to bring a load of stuff to the car and returned with a scrap of wood and my scrolling saw. Back in the Studio, I took the small irregular piece of plywood and reduced to to include two pieces the right size to be used in making my cards.   What will result?  See you in about 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home