Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Everything Comes to an End


Word had come in that Tuesday would be the day to take down the East Meets West print show in Ocean Grove, starting at 10:00 am.  I got there just a few minutes late but work had already begun.  Nichole had taken down several of the foam core panels with prints on them, the short wall adjacent to the rest rooms.  I went downstairs to stash my jacket and bag, then came back up to help, but which time most of the East prints were down.


In her last e-mail to me Mary had mentioned that Katie wanted to photograph all the work, as part of a website display, but I figured the work being down would not be a problem.   Nichole asked me if I had any pliers, so we could pull the points out of the molding, points that had been installed to help keep the panels flush against the wall as they hung from wires.  But then she mentioned that I could take my large framed piece right then if I wanted.  Since the rain had not come yet, decide to go with that, and went out to my car to get my packing material.  Ran into Mary and Katie just arriving, gave them an update, and got my stuff from the car.  After carefully wrapping my piece and carrying it to my car I went back to the basement and came back with a pair of vice-grips and a wire cutter, hoping one would work for my purpose.

The vice-grip was too large to fit between the framer points in the molding and wall itself, so the wire cutters were put to work.  The points had only been driven a tiny bit into the molding at the base of each panel, just enough to hold the foam core panels flush against the walls, so not hard to yank out.


Went around the walls and got them all.  No one wanted to save them for re-use, so all were recycled.  The whole show was packed and loaded into cars in less than an hour.  The plan is that Katie will be doing some kind of web site that will document the show, so she will photograph all the pieces before we get them back at a Thank You party in the coming weeks.  (decided it was easier to send an image to them of my large piece rather than try to photograph it though the plexiglass) so I did that later.

Before we were done loading, Mary was already thinking about the next show.  Another print show, or one featuring members of the old critique group (something we had talked about in the past). Well the JSAS has some other things on the schedule, so it won't be right away.  I guess we'll discuss this as that party in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home