Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Narwhal part 3


Had a little spare time today between school work and yard work, and decided to do some Studio work.  Stopped in the office briefly to talk to Nichole about some class stuff (we will have a longer meeting on Thursday) then down to the Studio.  Molly was down there working already and I didn't want to disturb whatever it was she was doing, so I just got to work on my project.


Only had about an hour available today, but that was enough time to advance the narwhal project a little bit.  My ink wash value drawing (which Molly mentioned she really liked) was a basic breakdown of the animal into three values.  Today I cut out the white, except for the horn, since I want to look at the spiral effect on some actual ones again before I cut that.  Played around with some of the gray (medium value) a bit, but I remember that on the lateral line (includes the eye) seeing some complex patterns on some whales, so maybe I'll look at that again as well.  After all those other things are settled, I decide what to so with the water.  The use of color (likely through relief ink) will be significant in this piece.  May not have much time to deal with all this until after I get my spring semester grading done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home