Saturday, March 05, 2022

Still More Promotion Business

 


I realized last night that I had to take care of some business today, so after my art lesson in the morning, I gathered my things and took off.  Tomorrow there will be a big St Patrick's Day parade in Belmar, which is always two weeks early so they can get the big acts that march in New York's parade, and it usually rains or snows, plus they close down Main Street for the occasion, leading to all kinds of traffic.  Thus today is the day to drive anywhere.  Saw Nichole's car in the lot, so I stopped to see her.  I shared with her some of my concerns, about the card, as told to me by people who I gave them to.  Nichole wasn't buying my concern that not having a proper street address or phone number was an issue for the older crowd (one of her big sources of visitors and participants) but she agreed to put a sticker with those bits of info on cards before they went out.  It's my experience that seniors don't like to use the internet, and so a web address might be enough for me, her, and anyone else who works in that office, but some who get the card won't go there, and people I gave the card to didn't know where the Jersey Shore Art Center is. Telling them it was in Ocean Grove at the corner of Main and Main didn't help either.  Telling them it was the old brick building that had been the old Neptune High School, just outside the Ocean Grove gate, was successful, but that's not on the card either. Nichole also gave me a big stack, more than I had, so if there is a demand, I am all set.  We also discussed the 2nd floor show, and my upcoming classes there. 

Later at home I checked my email and found I had another person registered for the drawing class, bringing that number up to 5. It was already with enough to run, but each additional person just means more money for me and for the building.  

Also had email from Nellie, saying that she had just seen my show at the JSAC and liked it.  She was particularly fond of the one in the middle, Trance.  I'm not sure if I like that.  It's a fine print (see above), and wouldn't be in the show if I didn't like it, but it is the oldest one there, by about 25 years.  I have probably mentioned this before, but it combines aspect of a dream I had, and the trance films of Maya Deren, in a way that made sense to both, in my opinion.  I don't think I had brought it to any of my classes, so I assume it was new to her.  It's an important print to me, as it was the first real print I made after returning to New Jersey after school, and proof to myself that I could still make a real print once I didn't have a school to require it.  This print had been in a frame, which made it a good choice for this show.  It has been in other places before, but not in this place.  I'll send her a reply in the coming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home