Tuesday, February 22, 2022

More Promotion


We finally got the postcards at the opening of the show in Ocean Grove.  Actually no one handed me any postcards, I just took several as I was walking out the door at the opening.  It was exactly as I expected, at least the front.  The back was basic information about the show, though no phone number there.  This week I had speech therapy, so I decided to bring some with me. 

Barely had I walked in the door, that the receptionist had all sorts of questions about the opening.  (no one from my past life, except the other artists who work there was at the opening) I gave her the official postcard, which she was happy to get, and told her the basics.  Shortly after that my speech therapist came to get me, and also had many questions about the opening.  I answered them after we got to her office, and I gave her a card of her own.  She said her sister lives in Ocean Grove, and figured she'd meet her somewhere in town for lunch on a Saturday and see the show.  After that we got to the therapy. 

On the whole, it seemed like a pretty good reaction, so today I decided to go to the other place I had handed out my altered business cards the other day, my physical therapy place.  If I remembered correctly, my therapist would be there in the morning, and from there I could head up to the supermarket to pick up a few things I forgot yesterday.  So late morning I did just that.  Stopped by the PT place, just 5 blocks from home.  My therapist was with someone, so I waited a few minutes for him to be free. He came out to the lobby, where I gave him one of these official cards.  We had some conversation about life and progress, me and my family, and then I let him get back to work.  Also gave a card to the receptionist, who was a little confused about the location.  Whenever I tell anyone that my studio is in a building at the corner or Main and Main, it always causes some confusion.  However, when I tell them that it is outside the main gate of Ocean Grove, a big brick building that was the former Neptune High School, suddenly it makes sense.  It turns out the card not only lacks a phone number for the office, but also a street address for the building, just having a website and a P.O. Box.  I will point this out to Nichole next time I see her, after I have picked up several more cards for myself.  

What will come from this week's promotional push I don't know, but it could result in a few more visits, which is all the building can expect in a case like this.  And what results from that I cannot say, but I have done my part.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home