Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A Day for Printing


 

Temperatures are supposed to go up this week, gradually getting near 50 degrees by the weekend.  Don't know yet about precipitation, but at least it won't be as cold.  And the office will be open for a few days, which means the building should be open.  And I have things to print, a bunch of them, so I better go.

Waited for the garbage truck a while, then left around 11 am.  My ink and soap had fully defrosted from its stay in my car, so I loaded that just before I left.  Took two trips to bring everything inside, and that's with the paper already in the Studio, but at least I had Bobby working the door to help me.  (he was waiting for a ride)  

I assumed today would go a little faster, as second proofs always take less ink than first proofs.  Did stop by the office first, where I was told that I had been paid everything I was supposed to.  Going to check with the bank tomorrow about that.  Got a new key for the padlock.  And reported the clogged sink we had.  It looks like Molly hasn't been around the last week, as it looked like the same water that filled the sink last week, which wasn't there the last time I used the sink, and is likely from Molly spraying her screens.  Elyse wanted to see it for herself, so I showed her the clogged sink.  With all that settled, time to get to work.

For music I decided to go with a few Nick Cave albums that I had, first the earlier Henry's Dream, which I wrote about on this blog back in September of 2022.  When that ended, I switched to the later Dig, Lazarus, Dig which I also had on disc, and I wrote about that in August of 2019.   Good art music, and not unsuitable for the prints I was doing.  My goal was to print the two vertical pieces, both with some additional cutting done.  As I expected, today went faster than the first proofing, getting both printed, and darker than the first proofs where I wanted them to be.  And lighter where I had cut a little more away.  I decided to clean my printing tools at my inking table, since the sink was still not functional.  (I'm told that it may be dealt with tomorrow) Not much touch-up needed.  Took proper photographs of the works so I'll be able to send those to Tom soon, put the new ones in my drying rack, and took the old ones home with me to look at.  

I also took a few minutes to cut some heavier paper down to size for cards, as I promised several to other people, and that can't happen if I don't make them.  Printing will have to wait for another time- maybe tomorrow if I can get up there on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home