Tuesday, December 13, 2022

32-20 Blues part 9

 After I finished the first proof, I decided to go ahead and pull one more before I went home, as long as I had ink out, and my brayer was already dirty.  Rather than do the second block, I decided to proof the other vertical piece I had done, which was 32-20 Blues.  A simple image, but one that seemed to work for the song.  I continued to listen to the Robert Cray show I had, and when that one ended, I switched to my Buddy Guy disc, which I had written about back on February of 2020.  Paper was already torn to the right size, and  ink was rolled out ready to go.  

In some ways, this image isn't quite as successful as the other one I did today.  I probably went faster with cutting this block than I did any other one.   Mostly this isn't a problem, but I may have made some decisions faster for that reason.  The figure/bed and background seem to be fine, despite having been almost completely made up.  The thing that bothers me the most is the similarity in value between the floor and the night stand holding the whiskey bottle and glasses.  I can't darken anything, so I will consider if I want to further cut one of them to make that part lighter.  Results can be seen below:

Maybe I'll lighten the far arm, and take some dark out of the top of the bedspread, but there's not much more I can do in those places.  Like with the other one, I'll study my photo for a while as the ink dries, and decide at that point what else I might do with this print.  The balance of light and dark isn't quite as good with this one as the first image.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the same kind of weather, so I may go back to the Studio,  pull a proof of the third block, and maybe a few of the holiday card so I can start playing with color on that one.  Meanwhile, I have these two photos, and if Tom needs something right away I can send them, along with my planned changes, if he needs to know what I am up to.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home