Saturday, November 19, 2022

32-20 Blues part 5


 Today may have been even colder than my last Studio visit, but I still wanted to go.  Normally I am there on Thursdays, but next week is Thanksgiving and I may have something else to do that day.  So why not go today?  A lot of cars in our front parking lot, but some available.   No one sawing by my Studio today, so that was good.  Molly had been in, as she left a tag up on our hook, but no one was there today.  More color on her latest batch of towels, so what the tag had me expect, the towels confirmed.   I did hear some kid voices, but chose not to investigate.  Despite the chillier weather outside, the room itself was still comfortable.  Good thing, because I wasn't able to get near the thermostat, Molly had so much piled up in that part of the room. Either way, I decided to go with some loud music again today, and put in my home burned Reverend Horton Heat disc, details of which can be seen back in November of 2021.

I had spent some time looking at my current block, and knew what I wanted to do.  Used my good tools again, and took on aspects of the figure and bedding.  Of the three blocks, this one has the most of what is commonly called drawing with the tools, meaning using the gouges in the same way I'd use a stick of charcoal or an ink brush.  Yes I was guided by the pencil drawing on the wood, but I was cutting out shapes of white, using a variety of gouges, and making decisions as I went.  And that's as far as I got.  Didn't get to the gray tones in the areas I did, just cutting out white shapes and leaving everything else behind for now.  Next time I'll handle some grays, and move on to the rest of the bed, the walls, the window frame, or whatever else I decide to take on.  I'm not saying that I am done with anything I have done, but I won't know how successful I was until I ink this thing for the first time.  Results can be seen in the photo at the top of this post.

My disc had ended, so I decided it was a good time to leave. Took a photo, cleaned up all my wood shavings, and locked up. Made sure to remove the tag from our hook, as Molly had made no appearances in the Studio in all the time I was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home