Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Walkin' Blues part 11

 

Once I knew that I might not have any students today, I decided that I could work on my latest block instead, and maybe finish it.  I had worked on it some at home over the weekend, so there wasn't much left.  What I had done was cut out the last two figures, a standing couple behind my seated couple on the left, some of the light bricks, and the four recessed lights in the ceiling.  Also noted a few things that needed additional cutting, but it would wait until I had a better table to work at.  

Hanging out in my drawing classroom, I had the large folding plastic tables that we employ in this building.  Same as we used to use in Belmar for woodcut classes.  Not as good as my solid wooden Studio table, but I knew it would work, and be more spacious than the dining room table I had at home.  Put everything I needed in a tote bag, and added it to the materials I'd bring with me today.  

Took care of my office business, then went to my classroom.  Time to get to work.  Finished the bricks, except for a few that I missed and didn't see until I got home. A few minutes next time will take care of that.  My biggest task was the ceiling.  I had decided on a simple black and white texture, which I know from experience will read as one shape later when printed.  (a lesson leaned from Velasquez) I also cleaned up the lower corners, not quite finished before, and cut the last bit of text- the name of the man who wrote the words that inspired the piece, small letters that read "R. JOHNSON."  Results can be seen below:


What is left won't take long, so this is pretty much done.  Of course, I don't know what I have until I ink it up and print it, but that will wait until I have all three done. Meanwhile I should buy some ink.  In any case, I'll start cutting the next block later this week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home