Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Drawing Class Again part 5

 Another Tuesday, another class.  I sent another email to all 3 registered students to remind them of the time change, and what we were planning.  No one responded.  One I haven't seen since week 1, and one was planning a vacation, so I only expected one, but three were registered, so I get paid anyway. Planned was a complex line still life (things more complex than the shoes, bottles, boxes, and cans we have done so far) but I couldn't find a photo or description of what this would be from previous classes.  So I gathered some things from the basement and dining room that I have used in the past, and not for other things planned, so maybe they were for this.   Loaded my car this morning, and made the trip on time.

My room had more in it than I had left, including a lot of chairs, so I asked if something else was going on before I set anything up.  But Kaitlyn told me she had done the setting up for me.  More than I needed, but what I needed was there and so I rearranged things to suit me.  Checked the door, updated the hallway sign, and I was all set.  My one student arrived eventually, and she was ready to tackle it.  What I had set up was a still life with a blue glass vase, a pipe wrench, a metal candle stick, a hammer, and a small bronze pitcher, plus a towel, and stacked boxes under it.  Didn't take a photo of it, but at least I have an above list.  Nothing we have drawn before in this class session, but things that do make use of information we have covered in perspective (orthogonals, ellipses), proportion, negative space, contour line- this is all part of how I teach. I had her choose a view with 3 objects, about what can be expected in a two hour class.  She chose the right side (hammer, candlestick, and pitcher) and was very satisfied with how it turned out and how much she has learned. Prior to this, she mostly had online learning, and that doesn't teach much (news stories about how kids have suffered from computer instruction, on the tv these days, verify this), especially with art.  

At the end of the day I packed up my stuff and locked up, then stopped by the office.  My supervisor had found out something about my missing student.  Turned out she never paid. Not sure how you register without paying for it.  So I was told my next check will reflect that.  This person did attend the first class, so I expect to be paid for that. I have email and photo proof.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home