Saturday, October 15, 2022

Walkin' Blues part 7


 

Now that I have a functional car again, I had a desire to visit my Studio and do some work there.   Tried my dining table at home, and found it possible, but not desirable.  On  my way out I did make sure I still had a catalytic converter (it was still there), and picked up the board laying down in the driveway, as well as moved the closest garbage can back some space.  Loaded my car and took off.  When I arrived at the building I found the metal gates open, and saw one car in the lot.  It seemed to be people in the guitar shop.  The front door was locked, but I have a key, and the alarm was off, so I didn't have to worry about that.   No tags up but mine.

One thing I noticed in the Studio was that a second layer of color had gone down on Molly's latest batch of towels.  Later I saw that the boom box was switched to radio from CD, so I knew she had been there, though I had heard from Elyse that she had finally been in touch with Molly and she was in California, but she may have been in the Studio before that and I wasn't around.  No matter.  I brought with me two more home burned CD's, including the one edited from the cassette of my last ever radio show, back in 1995.  Last time there it wouldn't play in my player at the start of the cutting session, but would as I was leaving. Still, it was blues and I thought appropriate to the occasion.  So I put it in and once again the machine couldn't find the beginning.  Remembering last time, I opened the door, closed it again, and this time it found the start of the disc and loaded it.  Hit play, and there I was, plus a lot of good music. (if you want to read more about this disc, see my posting on this blog from July of this year, talking about this very block)

What I had accomplished at home was cutting out some borders, but this time I wanted to tackle the lettering of the lyrical quote.  I had pencilled this in, between parallel pencil lines, backwards block printing, something I have done many times.  In fact, I followed the same procedure I had used to do the names of saints in my Everyman series, so this was not new to me.  Even used my good tools to cut the words, since I had them and they are a bit better than the student tools.  I finished all the full size printing, the words, "she break in on a dollar 'most anywhere she goes."  Didn't get to the small lettering of who actually wrote the words, so I guess next time.  My radio disc had run out, and I decided it was time to go home and get some lunch.   Now there were lights on in the first floor hallway, and several tags on hooks, and a bunch of cars in the parking lot.   Results of today's cutting can be seen above.

I brought the block and tools home with me, just in case I decide to work on it more from home. I will be back in the building next week on Tuesday for my drawing class, but back to work on cutting not for a few days after that. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home