Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Love in Vain part 4

 


This block is not quite done yet, so I decided to go in for a few hours this morning and see what I could do.  After dropping off a few things in my Studio, I went to the office to ask a variety of questions, and since everyone was there today, got a lot of answers.  

I wasn't sure if the reason I hadn't gotten any notice of any students yet was that no one had signed up for the class, or if the system just wasn't sending me notices. I spoke to Jeanne, my boss for those classes, and she told me that so far no one had signed up.  Not much I can do about that.  I still have a few weeks to go, and they will be doing a push to get more students, and it's been on the website for a while, so we have done the usual things.  If I get no one I won't be too sad, as I have had three classes already this summer, but it would be good for everyone if it happens.

Next I spoke to Elyse, the new program director.  I asked her about garbage (it would be preferred if we took it to the dumpster, instead of just leaving it in the hall, or in the loading area by the ramp).  She showed me the file where she will be keeping my stories of the building, answered my questions about locking the front door (came in an email this week from two different people), responded to my question about the lack of paper towels in the mens room in the basement, and gave me a review of the hot dogs at the Windmill across the street, a plan she had to eat there last week. Meanwhile, Kaitlyn was busy organizing silk screen stuff from a studio that was about to be used, possibly left behind by Nichole.  I was given a roll of paper towels to install in the basement mens room (we are out of the usual C-fold towels we usually stack by the sink), and I went to my Studio.

I had brought with me one of discs my friend Doug made me about a year ago, a compilation called "Mod Jazz" that he liked a lot.  I have no idea what mod jazz is, but it did go well with the images I was working on.  Seemed more like r&b to me, but I like that as well. I wrote about it back in December of 2021.  I looked it up on the web, and found most of the artists were vintage and legitimate.  While that was playing, I tied up the trash bag in the can, and put a new one in the can, leaving the tied bag next to the can for later.  

Not much to do with the existing block.  I did put in some lines where I thought they might belong, and added more shadows to both figures where I thought they might belong, but I have nothing to work from, so it's all just a guess.  A few details on the train and its parts.   After that, I decided it was as done as I could make it for now, and left it there.   I'll start block #3 next week.  The disc ended, so I installed my replacement roll of towels, took out the trash to the dumpster, and drove home to lunch.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home