Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Color Pencil Class #3

 

I had prepared for the latest class a few days ago, gathering what props I could from around the house.   Much of what I used to use for classes is still in storage, but I figured I could find a few brightly colored objects, and I did.  There were possible predictions of rain for a few days, so I decided to move stuff to my car on a dry day.  As it turned out, there was no rain on class day, and the drought continues.  

I got up to the building about an hour before as usual.  Took two trips to bring in everything from my car, started the AC in the room, and later set up the still life.  The day before I had made a little complement mix of blue and orange and literally everything in between, to help explain how shadows work.  (normally I would have the students do this, but with only 4 meetings of two hours each, I'm doing a few things myself to show examples)  About a half hour before class, I unlocked the front door.  Later I went down the basement to see if my supervisor was going to be there today.  She wasn't expected, but I while there I talked to new director Elyse, who wanted to know about my former student Mary and her plan to donate print equipment to the building and why.  I told her what I knew, which is all second hand, gave her another tour of the basement (she's new, and it can be a very confusing place) and then skedaddled up to my classroom a few minutes before my class began.  I had two students present, and the other two showed up after a while.


I talked a little about color, then we began on the still life.  One of my students took an earlier drawing class, so she knew the drill, and there others caught on quickly.  Elyse stopped by to see the class in action, and was impressed with their skills.  Most of the credit goes to the students, but it's always good when the boss thinks you're doing a good job.  Asked a few questions about possible future classes, but otherwise it was business as usual. At 4 pm I wrapped things up, cleaned my room, packed up my props, and loaded my car.  Went back and locked the door, and went home.  One more week to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home