Thursday, August 18, 2022

Walkin Blues part 5

 


Decided today would be a good day to continue on my Robert Johnson print, as it was a fairly nice day, and probably nicer than tomorrow, I had the time, and there is a deadline on this project, thought it is several months away.  Headed up to Ocean Grove in the late morning, when there is less traffic and heat.  After dropping off my stuff in my Studio, I stopped by the office, hoping to talk to either of the people in charge, about classes and things.  Neither were around, but I had a chat with Katelyn, who may not have any authority, but is always pleasant to talk to.  I didn't want to take up all her time or mine, so I went on to my space and got to drawing.

For music today, I had brought a home burned disc of two Texas cow-punk favorites I got from Dave Kirkland (also from Texas) in Carbondale, albums from The Hickoids and Jon Wayne.  For detailed descriptions, you can go to Dec 2019 on this blog.  I pulled out my block, and got to work.  A lot of drawing has been done, but there is a lot of things to be fixed.  For instance, I moved one of the overhead recessed lights to a better position, and adjusted the clothing of one of my older figures.   I changed a few shadows on the two seated figures and darkened their chairs.  I had big blank spaces on two places, so for now I put in some floorboards, and bricks for the back walls.  I don't know if any of these are the final versions, but ideas I had, and so I figured I should put something down for now to look at and consider.  

And that's about when my disc ran out, so it was a good time to pack up, leave, and go home for lunch, so that is what I did.  The results of today's drawings can be seen in the photo at the top of this posting.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home