Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Success! part 2

 Part 2 of my camera test was to take images of prints in my Studio.  After all, most of the photos I take are there, so it's important to see if this camera does well in the light that is available there.  So I attached to my portable (brought back from Carbondale) tack board a few old prints in my drying rack, and took these photos.



Apparently, it does.  Actually these photos are much larger file sizes than I would normally use for this. I thought I changed the picture size to a smaller setting yesterday.  I don't know if I did it wrong, or if it automatically reset to the default size.  I reset Small this afternoon, and I'll see where it is next time.  Meanwhile, here are two photos of prints from a few years ago, but there's nothing wrong with seeing them again.  The light seems to be fine.  

The biggest problem right now is titling them.   I know how to, but there is a pop up on this computer that shows up every 10 seconds or so, and I have not been able to eliminate it, despite trying all the options they give me.  I can delete the arbitrary name given to the files, but it doesn't leave me time to type in the new one, and it resets everything I do.  But here they are.  Third test will be posting something that has been downloaded to the new computer, then uploaded to the internet.  That will probably happen tomorrow.

As long as I was up there, I spoke to Jeanne about the next round of classes, which would be after the current one ends, so sometime in August.  For now we settled on a Tuesday afternoon thing, 4 weeks, calling it a beginner to intermediate class using color pencils.  I'll send her a proposal in the next few days, and if she likes it, that is what we will go with.  Whether or not anyone signs up is another matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home