Monday, July 11, 2022

Almost Time

 Got a couple of things going on, and I'm a day or two away from finding out more.  

One thing I got as an email was a message from Jeanne, who works at the JSAC, recently bought a couple of boardwalk prints, and is in charge of the third round of classes there, thus my boss, if my next drawing class happens.  A few days ago I sent her a detailed email requesting more information about the next class (we talked about it a little in person last week) so I can make an official proposal and send it to her.  I assume this would at least get started before the summer ends (at least that was Nichole's plan for such a thing).  The email I got today said that she would be there in the office for a few hours on Wednesday, and suggested that I come in that day to discuss the details with her.  

That works out, as I plan to be up there on Wednesday.  A package came in the mail the other day, my new digital camera, something I've been waiting to get since I got out of the hospital for good and started working on new art.  After all, I can't post any images here of new work in progress, or work finished, until I have access to a digital camera.   Tried using my cell phone camera, but so far it is not letting me transfer images from the phone to the internet, and they don't seem to want to tell me how to solve the problem there at the store where I got it.  Plus, I'm an old fashioned guy-I like to make phone calls with my phone, and I like taking pictures with a camera.  My mother claimed she brought the old camera to her house, but I haven't found it here, so I assume it is in storage, which means I'm unlikely to see it until I move out.  And then it will have been a year or two since it was used, and itself more than a decade old.  I think I got it shortly after I started working at my university.

I unpacked all the parts, and started reading the instruction book over the weekend.  Today I charged up the battery pack (no using standard AA batteries any more, for good or bad), inserted the memory card, and did more reading.  Tomorrow I'll try shooting some art around the house, using daylight, and then on Wednesday I'll try shooting things under the Studio lights as I did for more than a decade.   Back home I'll see if I can get them to my computer. 

The new camera is a Canon, same make as my old one, so I hope my old computer works with it as well as it did the previous camera.  With luck, the procedures are much the same.  However, I will also try to download photos to my new computer, as eventually that is what I will be using for everything.  I'm hoping I can figure all this out myself, but if I need to, I'll call my expert friend and see if she knows what to do.  She may also know about some of these things that came with the camera, devices I've never used before, but could be part of what I need.  New things not part of the process back when I bought my old camera around the turn of the century.

So if you see any new photos here this week, you know I was successful, and I'll be able to go back to sharing with everyone what I am up to.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home