Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Success!

 


The first part of my camera experiments were successful.  I decided to take photos of a piece I had at home, my most recently finished piece, a black and white woodcut called Fever Dream, an image that mixes dreams I had recently and images related to my stays in the hospital.  It was the also the first thing I did after the hospital, so it holds an important place in my artistic history. It occurred to me that in the past my old computer did just fine with reading the SD card directly, which I had to do when I stopped using the connecting cord that I used years ago to move photographs from my camera to my computer.  (I don't remember if this was because I had to change operating systems, and the new one didn't accept my Canon software, originally downloaded from a CD, which is now in storage, but even if I wanted to try it, my new computer doesn't even have a disc drive.) In later years I know had just inserted the SD card from my camera directly into a slot on my computer, and it could read it, so I hoped it would work with this new Canon camera.  

And it did.

Once I loaded today's photos, taken on the front steps, I was able to remember how to edit them, and then how to transfer them to my desktop.  From there, I can import them to my blog, or emails.  So for all those wondering what this piece looked like, and unwilling or unable to drive to Ocean Grove to see it when it hung there, now you know what it looks like.  I'll probably post it later today to the finished posting for this blog, for anyone who finds their way there.

The next step is try out some photos in my Studio space, and see how it reacts to the light there.  My old camera worked fine there for taking photos of finished work and work in progress, so I expect the same here.  I'll experiment tomorrow on a few pieces I have there.  Even bigger will be seeing how I do with downloading and saving images to my new computer, as I expect that someday this old thing will stop working completely.  But that's a problem for another day.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home