Friday, September 02, 2022

Love In Vain part 2

 


I missed going to the Studio yesterday, so I decided to go up there today.  Nice weather to be out- sunny but not too hot and no humidity.  Things were tolerable in our basement space.  I had brought one of my home burned discs with me, a collection of Billy Childish songs, compiled from who knows how many albums.  I wrote about it back in December of 2019 if you want to know more about it.

In preparation for going, I pulled up another photo of the passenger car from Google Images.  A|though the search said it was for an Illinois Central car, and the caption said that it was, the designation on the car was something different.  Still, it looked like the one I had sketched in terms of design, so I decided it would do as a reference.  Made a quick pencil sketch of it.   Then I waited around for my parents to return and actually come inside, but eventually one did, and I left.  Saw a lot of traffic and some accidents, but these didn't have too much effect on me. Got up there around quarter after 12, later than I wanted, but enough time to get some work done.  

Put on my music and got to the block drawing.  I decided to mostly ignore the two figures, and concentrate on the rail car.  The perspective on the rail car was not exactly the same as the one in the drawing I had done, but I mostly wanted the detail information, and that I had.  The rest I just figured out, but I'm an artist so I can do that.  I redrew the platform at the end of the car, the wheels at one end, some of the stuff under the car, the lettering along the top (it was light against dark, not dark against light like I had the first day), the platform lamp, and threw in some values based on the image I had, and some of the tracks.  Still don't know if it's accurate to his time, but it's just a backdrop anyway.  Nothing is necessarily done yet, but it looks a little nicer than it did.  The photo above shows my progress to this point.

We have a holiday weekend starting tomorrow, and the town is already filling up.  I decided to bring home the block, in case I want to do some drawing in the next few days.  If not, I'll bring it back with me next week to work on there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home