Monday, August 29, 2022

Studio Business and then some




 Took off after lunch and made a lot of stops, but it was all planned.   Cashed a check I've been sitting on a while, got some walk around cash.  Filled my gas tank, which needed to be done eventually.  After a while I ended up at the Studio.  Dropped off a few things then stopped by the office.  Last time I was there (Friday), Jeanne seemed to be in a big hurry to get things from me.  However, she found the proposal from the first round, which had a perfectly good statement about the class already (though she said she would "spice it up a little bit")  and while I was there she found a suitable charcoal image that can be posted.  Not exactly the subjects I will use in class, but enough like those that it will do for promotion.  She told me it would probably go up on the web that day.  However, so far nothing.  Not a big deal as far as I'm concerned, but I was curious as to what changed.  She wasn't there today, but the boss was.  I was told that Nichole was going to help her with it tonight.  And with that answer, I got to my own work.

Another thing I had done on Friday was buy some new wood.  The Robert Johnson pieces are not due for another six months, but I do want them done on time and right, and I couldn't work on the next one until I got some wood, so I bought some.  Price has gone up over the past few years, and I needed to know that as well, as there is some interest in that class as well and I have to figure out pricing.  Bought some hand cleaner as well, as I am out of that now.  I had brought the wood to my space and left it there, so now I went back to my Studio with a straight edge and my new saber saw.  Measured and cut one horizontal piece of wood.  Tom never did answer my question of whether this would be horizontal or vertical, so my plan is to do both, give him some options.  However, I didn't have a horizontal piece of wood (I like the grain to be vertical, no matter the dimensions of the wood itself, so blocks are created to be one or the other from the start) so today I made one, making sure I had a space on it the proper size for the image and leaving room for text, in case I need it.  

Too hot a day to carry around my camera in the car for hours, so I left it home.  Which means today you get a file photo of the same idea from years ago.  I have a new saw now, and I use a different kind of wood, but the table is still the same, so that much is true.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home