Thursday, October 13, 2022

Meet and Greet

 I had agreed to attend something at the building where my Studio is, a function where tenants would be present and we could meet each other.  Seemed like a good idea to me, as most people not in the basement have no idea who I am.  To be fair, I don't know many of them either.  I have heard people say they are afraid to go down there.  Not me.  I know there was an incident a few weeks ago where someone from upstairs was freaked out by someone in the basement they didn't know (who was supposed to be there it turned out).  The problem is that my car is still in the shop, though I was told it should be ready today.  I know from another source that the insurance company approved the repair and was wiling to pay 90% of it.  (10% is my deductible) But as of this morning I still hadn't heard anything yet, so I dropped my parents off at bocce, and then drove up there in time.  

As planned, we met in the office, which is not far from my space.  I knew a few people there, but some were strangers to me.  I had eaten some breakfast already, so I just had a hot tea to go along with a sticky pecan thing, and left the bagels and juice (what I ate at home) and coffee and muffins alone.  Our new boss led the meeting, first having us all talk about who we were and where we are in the building, then getting through the ongoing problem of security.  I've been there for 15 years, and Bobby about as long, but most people there had been part of the building for 3 or less years.  But these last few have been the biggest for security problems, between homelessness and Covid.  Doors have to be locked, but not everyone has keys to everything, and there have been problems with the alarm system.  So we had a lot of discussion of all that.  This meeting went a little over an hour, and not much was decided, but everyone gave their input.  

After things were over, I went back to my space long enough to put things back and grab a block, in case I wanted to do some cutting at home.  No calls came in during the day telling me my car was ready to be picked up, and when I called them around 4, they said maybe tomorrow, so I guess it was good that I did pick up a block.  I did spend a little time cutting it tonight, just doing the usual border, but it had to get done.  But the space is too small and too dark to do much more, so for now I'll hold off until I have my usual space to work in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home