Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Drawing Class Again part 6

 Last night I got an email from my last drawing student, stating that she probably wouldn't make it to the last class today.  Also, saying she learned a lot and expected to try out her new knowledge.  I sent her a reply, expressing regret that she wasn't going to be there, but telling her what was planned, and encouraging her to try drawing on her own.  

I had already gathered materials for the last class, value with mixed value objects and charcoal, which she liked the first time we did it.  In fact, it was in the car, ahead of the expected rain.  At this point I wasn't expecting any students, but I figured I better show up anyway.  After all, I am being paid for this, and I want to do my part.  Plus, I needed to deal with the photo ID thing, and I knew I could use the time there to get some work done.  

So I got up there around noon, which is what I have been doing since we switched the class to 1 pm to start.  I went to the office first, to deal with the photo ID.  We got emails over the weekend, saying that this was going to happen, and we should send Kaitlyn a head shot if we had one, or talk to her if we needed help.  As an artist, I had a woodcut self portrait, but no photos, and no head shots.  And I'm not the selfie type. So I sought help from Kaitlyn.  Apparently I was the first.  She said it had to be a photo, and decided to take one using her camera,which was fine.  Mentioned that she had no idea when these ID's would actually get done, but I'm in no hurry.  Next I mentioned to Elyse that I may not be getting any students today, and we agreed to stay at least 15 minutes beyond the start of class.  Since the class started out as a 2-4 class, I decided I would stay until 2:15, which would cover any possibility.

Meanwhile, I went to my classroom, room #5.  Tables were already set up.  I had brought with me the current block and my tools, so I knew I could keep busy.  My props stayed out in the car. not as heavy as the paint can day, but still more than I needed to lift for possibly nothing.  If anyone showed up, I could run out to my car and get the bag.  Unfolded a chair, then got to work.  As it  turned out, no one showed up, but I had a block to work on.


So that is the end of the drawing class, my last class meeting of this cycle.  And we won't be doing any more classes this year, as we usually have several weeks between class cycles to allow time for people to sign up, and that would take us into the holidays.   So we will wait until next year to hold any more classes.  This leaves time for me to cut and print my last two blocks for this Robert Johnson project, as well as to think about and maybe make my holiday card. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home