Thursday, November 10, 2022

Love in Vain part 7




Had a couple of emails from our director at the JSAC yesterday to reply to.  One was about the alarms, so I tried two times to send a thorough response, but the program refused to send it to her address.  Later in the day I sent one to her via reply all, and a shorter one too, but included the important parts.  Had another mail waiting for me later, questions about time spent in our studio, for a grant probably.   Sent that to her directly and that went went through.  No explaining this.

So today I went to the Studio, and after visiting my space just long enough to drop off my stuff,  walked over to the office.  Elyse hadn't seen my emails yet, so she gave them a quick look over, asked a few questions, and said she'd read them later.  Meanwhile I went to work.

Continued on my Robert Johnson project, block #2.  I had two discs along to listen to, and started with my homemade soundtrack to Homicide Life on the Street, which I have written about back on February of 2020.  I decided to start my cutting with the train itself, perhaps the star of this image.  What was left was grays and darks.  The latter is just left alone, so I was cutting vertical lines to make gray tones in parts of the car.   It took a while, but it's all done, save for the railroad name and logo.  Want to check my source before I do that.  First disc ended, so I replaced it with the Henry's Dream album from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, perhaps the most Robert Johnson like album I have that isn't actually blues- just a shared attitude, also written about before, back in September of this year. I went on to the lyrics, and got most of the top line done before the music ran out. I could have gone longer, but I wanted to get home and have lunch, so I left it at that point.  Results of today's cutting can be seen at the top of this post.

I brought to block and tools home, should I decide to work on it over the weekend, but that will depend on what else I can get done in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home