Monday, November 07, 2022

Love in Vain part 6

 


I had brought this block home last time, and did some cutting on my dining room table, but there are limits to what I can do at home.  Still, I got done the rest of the platform, the light pole, and even a little bit of the train car.  More would wait until the next time I was up at the Studio.  

That day came on Monday.  Not the easiest time though.  Fine once I got there, but before that I had to pass through Bradley Beach and that wasn't easy.  I had to make 4 separate detours, as every time I tried to go on a road, I got to the end and found it was being dug up.  Had to turn around and try a different road.  Luckily I know many different ways to get to my Studio building, and I found my way there eventually.  

Brought a few discs with me as individual items, all of which had some blues.  But what I started with was the recording of my last radio show in the midwest, which is all blues.  Have written about this on the blog before- you can find it on July of 2022.

Once again took out my best tools.  While still at home, I had looked up the image I based the car on, to verify exactly what I had drawn with my pencil.  Some I was right about, and some I wasn't, so it's a good thing I checked it while I had access to the internet.  There in the Studio, I cut out the rest of the windows- the frame around, the half drawn shades, and a few vague profiles, shadows in the dark.  Also did some elevated windows (at least I think that's what they are- if this was architecture I would call them clerestory windows), the rear observation platform and steps leading to it, and the rocks in the rail bed, between the ties.  That's where the disc ended, and I decided to call it a day there, and go home to get some lunch.  

What it does leave me with is the exterior of the car itself, which is mostly gray tones and black masses.   And then all the text/lyrics.  A few more times in the Studio and I should be done with this block, and can start cutting the third in the series. Meanwhile, results after today are shown at the top of this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home