Tuesday, November 29, 2022

32-20 Blues part 8


 

Not much left to do on the latest block.  One more line of words, and I think that's it.  Got to the Studio and heard the fan, though not the heater.  Inside the door I could see that quite a bit had been cleaned up, though I didn't know why.  This couldn't be for the benefit of the open studio, which was a few days ago.  I decided to go ahead and use the bathroom before I did anything else, and found the door to the cafeteria to be open. with no one inside the room.  No bundles of paper towels in the bathroom, but a roll on the dispenser, which would do just fine.  Meanwhile, back in my space, the press was almost clear of stuff, which I haven't seen in years.  On the other hand, my portable tack board was draped with dozens of Molly's towels.  I'd have to move those before taking any photos of my day's work, but at least I had a place to pile up Molly's stuff temporarily while I took that photo. 

I had brought my Jazz/Blues book with me today for this last day of blues cutting, and chose my Buddy Guy disc, which I have written about in detail back on February, 2020.  Just a few songs into the first album on that disc (or on the third word of my cutting plan for the day) when I got a surprise visitor- Molly.  Haven't seen her there during the day in a long time, maybe a year.  She was there to work on things related to her products, but we had time to exchange a few words.  She volunteered that the place was a bit cleaner because her daughter was there working recently, a class assignment in intaglio. which necessitated use of the press.  That explained a lot.  She was very proud that her daughter took so well to the process, but I wasn't surprised- I've seen a lot of school age students over the years, and they tend to like making things.  A few times Molly had to turn out the lights so she could pull photo screens out from behind the tack board, so I used the opportunity to let her know I needed her to move her draped towels off it so I could use it.  But mostly she worked and I worked.  

My work didn't take that long, and partly into the second album on the disc I had finished what needed to be done today.  Took a photo of today's progress (see above), cleaned up, and let Molly know the place was all hers for the rest of the day.  (she had a Zoom meeting planned for 2 pm, but no need to move because I'd be out of there in time to be home to see the United States play an elimination game against Iran in the current World Cup.  Made me think of being in Carbondale, when our nation hosted the games that summer and there was always an early afternoon game that we soccer fans watched at the Island, and sometimes a late afternoon game that we watched at the Cellar.  I made a stop on the way home, but still got there in time for the opening minutes of the game.  (we won, so move on the next round and get to play the Netherlands next) 

So it looks like this block is done, though I won't know for sure until the first time I ink it.  However, this means I do definitely need to order some ink, and I will work on my holiday card next.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home