Saturday, November 26, 2022

32-20 Blues part 7

 

Having no idea if I would get any visitors to the open studio event, as people don't go down the basement much anyway, and all the promotion I had seen was for the upper floors, I decided to bring along something to work on.  I had work that needed to be done, and no point in wasting hours doing nothing there.  So I had my current block, blues discs, and my best tools.  Before I started, I gave my smallest gouge another sharpening.  I have used it a lot lately, and knew I had to use it more for this last block.  That only took about 15 minutes.  For music I started with my disc of my last radio show, which I knew had plenty of good blues on it.  You can read about this on July, 2022.

What I had left to do was the floor, the front of the bedside table, and all the text (lyrics) below the image. Did all those in the order mentioned above, and used my newly sharpened gouge.  The things in the image area were easier, and got done quickly.  The words would take longer.  Not particularly difficult, but there are just a lot of them.  In a few cases I didn't like the size or spacing of the words, so before doing any cutting, I erased and/or re-wrote the lettering, so things would be more even.  Somewhere along the line, my radio disc ended, and I put on my homemade Homicide soundtrack, which does include some traditional blues among the songs.  You can read about that in detail back on February, 2020.


When I quit for the day (around 2 pm), I had completed everything except the final line of the lyrics, so that will have to wait until next week.  The photo from today's session can be seen above.  I should definitely order some ink soon, which I also need for my Christmas cards, too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home