Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Christmas is Coming part 4

 

When I finished proofing my 3rd Robert Johnson print, I turned to my Christmas card.  My friends are used to getting them late, a function of those years of teaching, which often went until a few days before the holiday itself.  But since I started this blog, I have always posted the card on Christmas Day, and I want that tradition to continue.  I had the ink out and my brayer coated with the stuff, and it turned out I had a sheet of Rives Heavyweight, which is the paper I used last year and probably will again this year.  That sheet is enough to pull a few copies of the card, try out colors, and one hopes get a good one to photograph and post.

Switched to my T-Bone Walker disc, his T-Bone Blues album, a collection of Atlantic sides put out as an LP in the 60's and long a favorite of mine.  (details on this blog back in October of 2019)  And then I printed a few of the cards.  None are perfect, but good enough. I will set aside the best one, and practice colors on the other two, one of which I hope will be close enough.  I'll use my best colors on the best printed one, and be ready for the 25th.  No, you won't see it here before then.

Not really related, I checked the stats on my blog, and it turns out I passed 100,000 overall views sometime last week. I have no idea what this actually means, but it does seem to be a big number.  Most seem to come from this country, but I have no idea who they are and why they are coming to see my blog. But apparently they are.  For what it is worth.  I know that when it comes to the internet, numbers can be in the millions, so this may be nothing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home