Monday, March 18, 2024

2024 Tournament of Art

 So last night I watched the Selection Sunday show, as I always do, and like many people, I was surprised by the choices the committee made.  A whole lot from the big midwestern conferences, and only 3 from the Big East, despite the tough conference and wins over quad 1 teams.  Well, maybe not too surprised, as these biases are common year after year.  Also not surprising was that I had few schools from my list of art schools, places I have shown work, attended, had work published, collected, etc.  I keep track of these things as the season goes on, and I knew that most of there schools weren't having good seasons, and unless the teams won their conference tournaments and thus automatically qualified, they weren't going in anyway.  As a result, only two teams from my list of art schools will be part of the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament this year, University of Illinois, and Northwestern, the same two I had last year.   If you want to know what I did at each school, you can check last year's post.  

As is my custom, I will post updates here after each weekend, saying how my schools are doing.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home