Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Blood Draw part 21

 Another beautiful spring day, unlike the extremely windy day we had yesterday.  Sunny, but the wind was so strong that it felt below freezing all day.    Made my way up to Ocean Grove by around 11:00.  Brought two discs with me today, and a plan.  The plan was to pull a proof of the new Blood Draw block, to see where I am at with it.  

First step was to stop off at the office and look into a question regarding rent that the boss hit me with by email the other day, but it turns out that is resolved now, so I am not getting kicked out this month.  Back in my space I pulled out a fresh sheet of Rives Light Weight and the discs, got all my inking and printing tools ready to go, and got started.  

Put on the first disc-some from the Gun Club, and old studio favorite that you can read about back on November of 2019 if you want to know more.  I put out some fresh ink and rolled up the block, now altered a bit since the last time I printed it.   I seemed to be making good progress, but I saw the paper had slipped a little at one point, and once that happens, there isn't much more that can be done.  At least I was mostly done with it.  So I hung it up to let it dry.  Results can be seen below:

The good news is that all the things that I fixed with new cutting are better than they were.  The bad news is that thanks to the paper slipping, there are marks I don't want and did not intend, and I can't use it for an exhibition. As long as this one is printed, I will spend time looking at it and decide if there is anything more that needs to be done with this block, or if I just need to do a better printing of it.

First disc ended, so I put on the second one, an official copy of Vitalogy by Pearl Jam, which you can read about on this blog back in September of 2023.  Took care of all that, packed up, and went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home