Thursday, February 29, 2024

Cross Roads Blues part 12

 Felt like a good day to get up to the Studio.  Besides, had some information I needed.  My mother told me this morning that she had seen an ad in the paper for a new show up at the JSAC.  I knew of it already from a mass email, but I had only a general idea when the show was.  It wouldn't make a difference to me, except that my work is currently hanging in the same space, and I need to know when to take it down.  

But I skipped the office on the way in, and went straight to work.  Today's task was to pull a proof of my new Robert Johnson print, since that one seemed more likely done.  I had brought my rock/pop disc collection for no particular reason except it has more than twice as many discs in it than the blues/jazz set, so twice as many possibilities, though this means it weighs twice as much.  So be it.  At least it wasn't raining today, just a cold breeze and a sunny day.  What I ended up listening to was my Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings disc, details can be found on this blog back in June, 2019.

I had made a few minor changes to the block a few days ago, but there was one more thing I needed to do, to fix some of the mistakes from the first proofing, ink the block picked up by accident- not intended relief. I had brought the good tools with me today, and it did not take long to clear these stray marks under scraps of blue tape I used last time I printed.  And I cleared a few more bits from around the numbers on the label.  Then it was ready.  I inked it, printed it, and what I got can be seen below:

As of now, this is done, at least the image part of it- I've never proofed the lyric part, and don't expect to any time soon.  I don't think I will be doing any more to this block, as I don't see any other issues with it right now.  I left everything in my drying rack, and will find something else to do next time I am in.

As for my question, I stopped at the office on the way out, and was told that the opening for the next show would be maybe the 22nd or the 26th, but either way, we would eventually get an email telling us the specifics  Until then, it is hoped I will continue to leave my work up, as the boss likes it.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home