Monday, February 12, 2024

Cross Roads Blues part 9

 Today was the free day, so up to Studio I went.  Weather may be bad tomorrow.  I brought with me one home burned disc, Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and figured I'd find something up there if I needed another one.  You can read about this disc in this blog back in August of 2019.  I also brought my good tools, hoping that would be enough for what I planned today.

Got up there and got right to work.  The last remaining major thing to finish was the text at the bottom- the lyric that I adapted.  Got the first few words done last time, but this time I was determined to finish the whole thing before I left.  Carving letters takes time, but is not particularly difficult.  What I always tell people who marvel at my ability to carve words is that I can block print backwards as fast as I can do it forwards (true) and that it takes the same amount of time to cut a letter facing forward or backward, plus I have gotten plenty of practice doing it over the past few decades.  About halfway through the process my disc ran out, so I selected another from the small pile I keep there- The Righteous Ones by Toshi Reagon, which I wrote about back in August of 2021.  The other thing I did today was cut a little more bed, made it just a touch wider.  Results of today's cutting can be seen below:


I think that's all I need to do on this one.  Next step is to pull a proof of this block and see where I'm at on it.  If I like what I see, I can pull a better proof and send it along as I ask for an update.  If not, make whatever changes seem necessary.  Before I do that, perhaps I'll pick up a new roll of painter's tape.  I'm just about out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home