Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Cross Roads Blues part 7

 Today seemed almost a spring day- sunny, not too cold.  It's been a few days since I was in the Studio working, so I was anxious to get there.  I had brought a loose cd with me, an all Texas thing, with an album each from the Hickoids and Jon Wayne, both gotten from a Texan in Carbondale, SIU grad Dave Kirkland.  You can read about this disc on this blog back in December of 2019.  The parking lot was relatively empty for a Tuesday, but there were enough cars to show that some people were there.  Gate was open and a few tags hanging.  

I had brought both sets of tools with me, but ended up only using my good tools today.  I continued work on the most recent Johnson block, my latest piece.  I finished the bottle, cut the bed and pillow (making the bed a little wider than it was), and did some stuff to the wall in the background.  I don't know if that's done yet, and won't until I cut the rest and see the value balance.  I'll leave the figure and the text for future days.  Results of today's work can be seen below:


I also spent time looking at both the block and proof for my Blood Draw piece, gathering more ideas for future cutting.  Think I came up with a few more possibilities.  It's not a bad print, but it needs work to get it to what I consider a satisfactory state.  But that's something for another day.  On my way out of the building I noticed that a few things had been taken down from the first floor walls.  I don't know if this has anything to do with the finally announced plans for the future, in emails we got over the weekend, mentioning the next show (photography) and our next official open studio event.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home