Monday, January 29, 2024

Cross Roads Blues part 5

 The possible snow never happened today, which spared me some shoveling, and let me go to the Studio.  I decided I had done enough drawing for now, and went ahead and started the cutting on the new Robert Johnson inspired block.  I brought with me the last of my Jean Shepherd discs, with a show of his from October of 1972 (about Sight of Sleep Phobia, a cinematic failure called Smell-O-Rama, people in the Village walking around with pacifiers in their mouths, and his father's love of Fu Man Chu books, among other odd topics) and a Suspense radio show from 1948 (a story I had also seen adapted years later for an Alfred Hitchcock tv show).  On the way in I could see that a few more artists had hung works on the first floor walls.  I like it, but more are needed.  I went down to the basement and my space.

I always start my blocks by cutting out the borders, which is not interesting, but they have to be done at some point, so why not now?  I had brought my good tools with me, which include the better chisels that I have access to.  I also outlined the lines of text I had put on the block, though I didn't do the actual letters yet.  Results can be seen below:

As my disc ended, I was done with that part of the block, and decided to call it a day.  Cleaned up, took a reference photo, and went home.  Next time I start cutting inside the border, which is far more interesting.  Later this week, perhaps. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home