Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Studio Business

 The rain and snow from yesterday has ended, and the sun came out, but with it some bitter cold winds.  Not a day for taking long walks outside.  Luckily, I didn't have to do that today.  However, I did have things to do.

Overnight I had a strange dream that I was asked to take down the work I have on display in my building and replace it with newer work, if I had any.  My response was that I had one new block ready to print, but whether or not I would show it right now depended on what I thought of the result.  Maybe I'd have it ready to frame by the end of the week, and maybe not.  When I woke up I realized it was just a dream, and that I would not be asked to change my art on display, especially with another show coming in next month.  However, I decided that it would be a good idea to get it done (the Robert Johnson print) and so I could frame it eventually for the future.  And since I don't want to print it until I have more blue tape to mask out what I want, my first step might be to get some more tape.  The logical place to look was a hardware store I knew of in Belmar, which is on my way up to the Studio.


So that's what I did.  Stop and get a couple of rolls of tape- a roll of blue tape (which is essentially masking tape) for printing, and a roll of clear sealing tape, for a package I want to send soon.  Then on to the Studio.

Not much going on there.  I didn't want to print today, but I did want to make a few changes to my drying rack.  I had acquired a couple of paper holding racks from the store closing sale when the local Rag Shop went out of business, one for me and one for Molly.  Molly just uses hers to lean screens against, but I use mine as a drying rack for prints, and to hold drying blocks.  Unfortunately, it's full, as is the shelf where I store other recent blocks (thicker birch, what I use now), so it was time to clear it out and make some room for the next batch of prints.  I moved some old Fourth of July blocks to the shelves where I have boxes of them, making room for recent birch blocks, and a few more spaces that are currently unused. I found a few things in the drying rack that I didn't know were there, information that was good to have.  


That was enough for today, so I locked up, took a quick walk to my car in the cold wind, and drove home. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home