Bakery part 5
Got up to the Studio and picked up where I had left off. I had taken the block home in between last time and this time, and had done a few things. I put a little white glue along any horizontal carved shape, as a precaution before doing more cutting today. And I pulled up my original photo and redrew the trees on the left and the wall triangles on the right. That all done in my time off, I could go right to work today with cutting. First I did the letters on both parts of the sign, cutting out what will eventually be white. Then I did the trees and telephone poles on the left side. Next was the curved canopy over the front door, which will be red and white pieces eventually. Finally, all the building itself, which is not the focus of the piece, but very important to the whole scene. And with that, I seemed to be done. It's not a large piece. Next week I will proof it, and if I like it, try some color. I left my camera home today, so I brought the block back home with me to get a photo to post here. Here it is:
Since there was nothing left to do, I did a little pencil rubbing on it (so I could see it better), then I cleaned up, packed up, and went home. Like I said, next week I'll print it and see what I got.
For music today I put on a home burned disc of Duke Ellington, favorite tunes from what I believe had been a two disc set called The Essential Duke Ellington. (blogged about back in November of 2022 if you want to know more about this disc) From what I remember, the set covers his whole career, which means some of the songs may even predate the bakery. But I think most are from the time it was there, and definitely some were, so it was appropriate for today. Played perfectly fine, from start to finish.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home