Still More Box Time
This box isn't done yet, so today that was something to work on. Got up there in late morning, found plenty of parking, took the elevator down to my space, cleared the table, and got to work. I knew I had some big pieces of cardboard stashed behind my rack, so pulled one out. No doubt this was stored back there for this purpose, but I don't know where it came from. It had my name on one edge, along with a reference to a Thursday night class, and that's it. Probably from my county college, but what purpose it had served there I had no idea. All I knew was that it was a big flat sheet of cardboard with a few folds along the edges. I laid it out flat on the table, and measured it at different angles to decide where and how to fold it and cut it, then scored it and proceeded with my task.
When I was finished, I had my outer box mostly done. The top flap remains, but I have cardboard for that and will deal with it next time. Meanwhile, I had my inner box now otherwise wrapped, with all the parts glued and taped down. I might have done a little more, but my mother called and needed to be picked up where they had gotten a ride to this morning, which meant going home to grab a quick lunch, cleaning out a few crates from the back of my car (make room for my parents), and get up to place to pick them up on time. Below is a photo of today's work:
I noticed that I had an email from the gallery director down at Pyramid, which I was expecting. Most of the information was the same as what the executive director sent me, but there were a few new requests for related information, which is what I was expecting. Most important, now I have a contact for this show. Eventually I will send her a reply email with a question or two.
For music today I brought with me a home burned disc from my rock/pop Studio collection, the live Kinks album One For The Road, which I wrote in detail about back in January of 2023 if you want to know more. Had to restart it a few times, but after that it played through for the rest of the time I was building my box.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home