Saturday, January 20, 2007

St Budoc part 3


I stopped by the Boathouse in Belmar around noon to drop off a piece for the upcoming Belmar Arts Council's "First Members' Salon of Art". The building renovations are coming along to the point where we are ready to show it off, and since empty walls are not that exciting, members were invited to bring one piece each to display. I brought in an older work, Moving Day, which is just back from another show and not needed anywhere else anytime soon. The plan is to have a discussion of all the work at the next members meeting Tuesday Feb 6 at 7:30 pm. It will also be open to the public during the Belmar Art Walk coming up Feb 18. As for the image, you can see it on the home page of my web site.

My help wasn't needed to hang the show, so from there I continued north to the studio and began cutting the St Budoc block. As you can see above, I made some good progress in a few hours. I always start by cutting around the margin, then with these saint images, I do the date next. As for the rest, I finished up almost all the barrel parts, leaving just the hands and glasses for next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home