Sunday, July 15, 2007

NJSCA Fellowship

No time for the Studio today as I had a more immediate task to deal with- my application for a fellowship from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts. During the past week I had done some preliminary work- chose the prints to include, working on the statement, gathering information. But it's due midnight tomorrow, so I couldn't delay the rest of the process any longer. First step was to shoot digital photos of the right size of most of the works, taking advantage of daylight and doing this outside. Took like 70 or 80 shots all together, looking for one good one of each. Downloaded these, edited the best ones. Next was registering with the online applications system. Then I started filling out the application. The system allows you to save your work and continue later, so I was able to take a break in the middle. Some was routine information, other parts required me to write up lengthy descriptions. Uploading the images wasn't a problem. Having reviewed all this at that workshop in Red Bank didn't hurt. Before I knew it I was done, so I submitted it. I still have to mail in a signed consent form, just have to have it postmarked by Wednesday. Want to know how this turns out? Check back in January, 2008 when they make the announcements.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Good luck, Paul! I'm off to the NJSCA meeting next week on behalf of NJOpera to find out exactly how much money we get this year. Cross your fingers!

8:36 PM  
Blogger arrabbiata said...

Good luck to you, Patricia, with you mission to Trenton. And congratulations on the recent good press in the Star-Ledger, as well as the nice Dodge Foundation grant you guys just received.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home