Saturday, August 04, 2007

Regatta T-shirt part 2


The cancellation of today's family fishing trip left me with some spare hours to use in the Studio. I arrived to find a lot of activity involving children. Molly, one of her students, and their various kids were on their way out, but moments later Molly returned with her dog, asked me to keep an eye on him until she got back. Normally when she leaves Barney with me for a short time he wanders a little, then lays down for a nap. Not today. He started barking and continued to bark for pretty much the next hour. Hard to concetrate like that, so I called Molly to let her know I'd be leaving him behind and took a walk to check out a show in a gallery on Cookman Ave in Asbury. When I returned an hour later, Molly had come and gone and Barney had gone with her, so I could settle in to a little work.

Even with the distraction of all the barking I had come up with one new idea, changing the rectangle in the first version to a rounded top, and relocating the text to the center above. I sat down and finished my new pencil sketch, seen above. Had to leave at the point for a family dinner with out of state relatives, but in the evening I used a marker and some drawing ink to take the drawing to solid black and white. I sent off the image in an attachment to the BAC leader. Assuming she approves, I can start cutting the block as soon as tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home