Thursday, August 02, 2007

Regatta T-shirt

About a week or so ago, while I was up painting on the scaffold, I was told that I had been nominated to design a t-shirt. The occasion is a regatta organized locally, and the Belmar Arts Council was invited to produce a shirt in connection with the event. Waited a while for details that didn't come, so the decision was made to have me just go ahead and produce a design with a sailing theme- something that could go with a regatta or just be a t-shirt for sale at the BAC.

So today I went to the Studio with some boat sketches and started arranging. I had found out previously that the plan is to print one color, in this case light on a dark shirt. The view is toward the shore, so I decided to put a silhouette of the town in the background. Images of Belmar houses would be preferable, but for this early sketch I figured Ocean Grove would do, so I took a walk to the boardwalk and took several photos of ocean front blocks. Back to the Studio for a moment to collect my stuff, then down to Belmar to continue some mural painting, which was followed by the monthly general member meeting. After the meeting I showed this sketch to the boss, who approved the direction. Next step is a more finished rendition, and if that is approved, I'll cut a block. I learned tonight that they want the shirts ready in 2 weeks, so I'll set aside my tower project until I get this done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home