Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Workshops at the BoatWorks

I decided to go to tonight's Live Figure Drawing workshop at the Belmar Arts Council. I regularly teach a college figure class, but with up to 20 students a night, I am too busy teaching to spend any time drawing. In fact, it's been almost a decade since the last time I drew from the figure with charcoal, but tonight I'm off duty, so I dug up my old supplies and drove up to the Boatworks. It was a 2 hour session, with a mix of short and long poses. The drawing above is my best from the night, a 20 minute charcoal sketch. There will be two more of these workshops coming up later in the summer, and more may be added in the fall.

Next Wednesday Aug 1, from 7 to 9 pm, my studio partner Molly Johnson will be conducting her own workshop at the Boatworks, on the topic of printmaking of course. She will show examples of a variety of print processes, and all who attend will be able to pull a print. The $15 fee includes materials. Registration can be in advance or at the door. For more information, check out Molly's website and/or the Belmar Arts Council's website. The Boatworks is on River Road, between 6th and 7th Avenues. Look for the purple door and a mural in progress on the side. Molly is also teaching a series of workshops about silkscreen in our studio space, the first class scheduled this coming Monday. For details on that, check Molly's site, or call her at (908) 675-1746.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home