Monday, August 06, 2007

Studio Visit

After work today I went straight to the Studio. Molly and I were both doing a little cleaning- she was getting ready for the latest session of her current silkscreen class, and I was preparing for a couple interested in collecting some of my work. One of Molly's students came early to work on building a silkscreen frame, but otherwise I would take care of my business first. My people arrived on time, looked at the previously discussed work, and picked out an assortment for purchase. Since the copies I had today are a bit worn, I offered to provide nicer proofs, either from my stock at home or new prints if I don't have them. We'll settle up at delivery.

When I got home I finally got my response regarding my t-shirt design. Generally positive, though a suggestion to maybe do something different with the text, bolder and either more like a typeface or more rough and hand made in quality. This comment was based on the marker drawing, not the later woodblock which deals with a these a little. I'm too tired to do much tonight, so I'll think about it, and bring the block and other ideas I might have by the BoatWorks tomorrow after work. Maybe by then I'll have a deadline to work against.

Today's mail included the prospectus for the upcoming annual members juried show at the Printmaking Council. I will enter that one. Also got the prospectus for the next big juried show at the Art Center in Summit. The numbers in this one make chance of acceptance low, but there is a juror who comes out of the print/drawing world of museums, which may mean more an appreciation for prints. Deadline is months away so there's a lot of time to think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home