Wednesday, November 07, 2007

All Kinds of Art at Arrabbiata


Tonight in our Studio we had the second meeting of the open critique sessions that Molly started. Some issues with the advertising this time, so a slightly smaller group than last time, but still it was fun. The top photo shows some of the art put on display for the first round of discussion. As you can see, a very diverse group of artists. Not really any printmaking in this batch, but I'll make an exception and show it here.

I decided that I would show a rubbing made from my current tower block as my contribution tonight. At the last meeting, all that had been cut was the negative space and a little below the tower. A lot more is done now, and I figured the rubbing might be easier for the group to read at a distance. So while Molly was preparing for the people to arrive, I got my pencil and some newsprint and did this. It's pretty much what I expected, but it's still nice to see. And it seemed to go over well with the others.

These critique sessions are open to any interested artists, in our space in the Jersey Shore Arts Center, on the first Wednesday of every month. The next one will be December 5, at 7 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home