Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Day at the Races


Today when I arrived at the Studio, I found an large envelope that had been shoved under the door. It was from our landlord, a copy of a promotional/advertising booklet produced for the upcoming Breeder's Cup horse racing events at Monmouth Park in Oceanport. Back over the summer he had worked out a deal to get the centerfold of the booklet for a giant ad for the Jersey Shore Arts Center, and invited the various tenants to split the cost of the ad. For the relatively low price it cost, Molly and I decided it was a good idea. So we worked together on the ad copy, and provided graphic images to the person who designed it. From Molly it was one of her relief prints used as a background for the whole ad (the pale orange colored fish in the top photo), and from me, my Studio Arrabbiata logo. The logo can be seen clearly next to our block of text in the bottom photo. It's my understanding that this booklet will be included in the newspaper this weekend, as well as stacks left at hotels, restaurants, and any other place that tourists might gather. I had been told anywhere from 75,000 to 90,000 copies will be distributed. It will be interesting to see if anything comes our way because of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home