Sunday, October 21, 2007

A History of Art part 48

After watching the Giants cruise to their fifth consecutive victory, I made the trip up to the Studio to get back to my tower block. Today's focus was the Celestial Elevator (as my mother calls it), the giant marble-faced Art Deco-ish sculpture that dominates the apse of my home parish church. It was mostly a lot of vertical (with the grain) shapes, so a relatively easy cut. My goal was to finish it in about 2 hours, and I came within 5 minutes of that. This finishes the cutting of the 2nd level of the tower, and this large fragment extends into the 3rd. I'm expecting to get back to the Studio for a while after work tomorrow, probably get started on the section to the right of the crucifix, the combination barbershop/supermarket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home