Sunday, October 14, 2007

A History of Art part 46


After putting in my time on the mural in Belmar, I went to the Studio to continue my long term project. First I sharpened my 2.0 mm komasuki (round gouge), the tool that I do the bulk of my cutting with. The part of the block that was tough to cut yesterday was still a little rough, but the sharpening helped there, and made a big difference when I started cutting out some fine detail areas. I finished the game board related stuff, the nursery school art corner, and the adjacent colonial folk art image.

I moved on to another part of the second level, on the far left side, and took advantage of my newly sharpened gouge to cut out the tiny detail of the hand tools, as well as the wooden building blocks they're resting on. With other things to do today, I stopped there. But I expect to be by tomorrow after work to finish the club house behind the tools, and maybe the cartoon scene next to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home