Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A History of Art part 42



After my work day I went on some errands, and eventually made my way to the Studio. Today's effort was directed at the lower left corner. Finally cut out all the gulls, as well as the fries and pizza they are picking at. Since some of the birds overlap the rug that's under the television, I went ahead and cut that as well.

Around then people started arriving for the open critique session that Molly organized. Some familiar faces- one of her current students and two former students, as well as 2 people who saw the listing in the Monmouth County Art Calendar. Plus Molly and me. Even though all the people who came have printmaking experience, all the work brought was painting related. Between all my very long days and lack of sleep, I didn't plan to hang around long, but it was fun to get together and discuss art at a level that rarely is reached with my classes. Around 9pm I finally excused myself and headed home. I assume it went on for a while after I left. Based on how things went, I'm guessing this will become a regular thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home