Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A History of Art part 39


Made some good progress on the tower block today. I started (top photo) with the area in the lower right corner of the block, the street. Before cutting I considered adding some structures, such as a manhole and a sewer grate. The grate came and went. The manhole moved a few times, but found a place. I cut around it for now, and I'll fill in the details and cut the cover later. Next was the sidewalk/curb that connects the street and the boardwalk, as well as the little piece shown going around the back of the tower. Then I dealt with the grassy area just beyond the station wagon, pausing first to put in a couple of rabbits. (one had been lightly sketched in before, fixed up that one and gave him a friend, both based on the rabbits in my September 11 print) I also cut the little bit of land in front of the railroad tracks.

I felt like cutting some more, so I moved to the area (bottom photo) to the right of the tower. I cut out the hillside town of Castelnuovo, the highway signs towering overhead, and the railroad crossing post. (the gate itself I'll get next time)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home